Cranford Theater | 25 North Avenue W | Cranford, New Jersey | get directions
This film festival gives an opportunity for new and current filmmakers to have their short films screened. Films are to be from :30 seconds to 20 minutes in length. All genres and styles of films will be considered. A Best of Festival Award and laurel will be given in the categories of best fiction, documentary, animation, music video and student film.
Entry Form and Films
Films can be submitted online through filmfreeway.com/festival/CranfordFilmFestival.
Incomplete entry forms will not be accepted. Entry forms that do not include full payment of entry fees by March 25, 2020 will not be accepted. There are no refunds for entries with incomplete entry forms.
Regular Deadline (By March 25)
- Standard Fee: $25
- Student Fee: $15
Additional Entry Information
- Films cannot exceed 20 minutes in length including credits.
- Films will be judged within these categories: Documentary, Fiction, Student Films, Music Video, Animation.
- Films need to have been completed no earlier than January 1,2019 which is the beginning of the calendar year prior to the festival.
- Films must be submitted on FilmFreeway with complete information.
- Press kits and posters may be sent to the festival at the festival’s on-line address.
- Once judged, filmmakers will be notified as to whether their films will be official selections which will be screened at the Festival. For those official selection films, the filmmaker must provide the film for screening according to the format requested (films will be shown at the festival in DCP format)
- Winners in each of the categories listed above (see 2.) will be notified at the conclusion of the festival.
Review and Selection Process
Films will be watched in their entirety and judged by members of the Selection Committee. After the final submission deadline, the Selection Committee will review all the films and select final films.
Notification of Acceptance
Letters of inclusion or non-inclusion will be sent to the email address provided on the entry form no later than April 6, 2020.
Cranford Film Festival encourages filmmakers and their supporters to attend the festival.
For more information about the film festival and/or sponsorship opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org